Monday, February 16, 2009

It Got Me Thinking

     I stumbled across a video on You Tube this morning that caused me to turn a little introspective I suppose.  The majority of the piece is made up of photographs of what we can only imagine to be family members through the years, exteriors of homes, landscapes and such. But what it brought to my mind is how brief life really is and if we are not careful, it will pass us by and we won't even realize the moments we missed.  Each of us has been given one life; no dress rehearsal.  This is the real deal and I don't know about you but I want to drink it in to its fullest with no regrets.  

      The message this weekend by Pastor Tim Chambers at Shore Fellowship was all about finding balance in life.  The truth is when you find that balance, you'll be less likely to miss what really matters. 
      It's fun to look back at photographs that mark the milestones and moments of your life.  But even more rewarding, is the ability we are given with that glance of an image to recall sounds and smells, laughter and tears as we are immediately taken in our minds eye to that moment in time. 
      A wise man by the name of Jim tells us that our life is only a vapor.  Here for a moment and then it vanishes just like the morning fog.  Jim reminds us to major on the important things in life and realize where each breath comes from to begin with.  
     Does any of this make sense to you?  I don't know; I saw this video and it just got me thinking.

No comments: