Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Am Inspired!


     I'm inspired this morning!  Not by a new President, but by what he represents.  And it's not what you think.  I'm not talking about the politics of it all.  For the most part, I don't agree with the policies of this administration (although I want to give him a chance).  I'm talking about something different.  When I woke this morning, I couldn't help but imagine what Mr Obama was thinking as his feet hit the floor for the first time in the White House; as he watched the brilliant sun rise out his window.  He walks down the hall.  "Good Morning, Mr. President."  "How are feeling this morning, Mr. President".  He opens the door to the oval office and for the first time, sits behind the desk.  Wow!  "Here we go", he must think.  He is off and running.  

    There is something about newness, fresh starts and clean slates.  Sure there is much on his plate (more I dare say than on any of ours).  But nevertheless at least for this morning there is an ability to tackle the tasks before him with fresh eyes.
     So, from where does my inspiration come?  It's in this.  This morning, though you and I may not be new to our roles, we still have the ability to start fresh.  We too can look at the world around us as if for the first time.  It was Jesus who said, "I have come to make all things new."  We can look to Him for the guidance, wisdom, strength and inspiration to inspire and impact our own world around us.  If each of us could for a single moment grasp the concept that we have the ability to affect change in our world, we'd turn things upside down!.
    So this morning . . . be inspired by the fact that YOU can approach each day with the knowledge that you too can inspire, lead, impact and affect change right where you are; right where God has planted you!!
     I close my radio show each afternoon by reminding my listeners to go out and make a difference.  Do it!  Be the difference maker right where you are today.  Then write to me and let me know how you are impacting your world.  I'd love to hear from you. 

No comments: